You’re either looking for writing for your business or publication, or looking for help with your writing career.
What an amazing coincidence — I can help with both those things!
I’ve written thousands (yes, thousands) of magazine articles, web pages, blog posts, brochures, press releases, case studies, radio ads, and more, for clients ranging from Wainwright Bank and Sprint to Sanitary Maintenance magazine and Redbook. Clients want to kiss me (though they don’t actually do it) because I don’t just write pretty prose — I get results like these:
- A bill insert I wrote for Bay State Gas sold over 800 carbon monoxide detectors, which the client called “an excellent rate for such a promotion.”
- An article I wrote for Redbook about a libido-boosting diet landed the magazine on a TV news show.
- A press release I crafted for the Candle Beach Company garnered a 15% response from the media (anything over 5% is considered very good) — including a placement in Woman’s Day, a magazine with 20 million readers.
- A blog post for Copyblogger on how to earn more as a writer quickly earned over 7,000 social media shares.
Take a look around the My Writing page for more details!
Thought you’d like to see the opening paragraph of this e-mail I received. I’ve had other comments (verbal) telling me what a terrific story you wrote. As I’ve told you, I agree wholeheartedly. You’re the first freelance writer I’ve hired in 20 years who wrote a story about the college that I was able to feel truly proud to have in the magazine.
–David Morcom, Editor of Colby-Sawyer Alumni Magazine
As for coaching — since 2006, I’ve offered e-courses and phone coaching that have helped thousands of writers break in and earn more. My advice and critiques have directly helped clients:
- Break into top publications like Pizza Today, Redbook, The Bark, Grit, Black Health, SELF, and others.
- Ask for (and get) raises from their writing clients.
- Create more time in their schedules for writing.
- Move from a “pay-per-hour” to “pay per value” pricing structure.
Whenever I have a new class, teleseminar, or webinar for writers, you’ll find it in the navigation bar at the top of the page. I focus my phone coaching on mid-level and advanced freelance writers; you can find more info on that, plus a generous handful of testimonials from happy clients, here.
You’re good! I talked to you on what—Tuesday? And have a positive response (copied and pasted below) by Thursday! Holy cow, that’s the fastest any advice I’ve ever received has worked.
Look forward to helping you succeed!