My co-author Diana Burrell and I make a great speaking team—as do my writer husband, W. Eric Martin, and I. We have audiences in the aisles (laughing, not leaving) with our upbeat, inspired talks on how to break into magazine writing by breaking the rules. Each talk ends with a Q&A session where audience members ask questions about everything from pay rates to editor etiquette. We’ve spoken at:
My husband W. Eric Martin and I will be giving a workshop on breaking into magazines at the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop in Dayton, OH, at 10:45 am on April 4 and April 5, 2008. We’ll use real query letters to show what works and what doesn’t. We hope to see you there!
- Canyon Ranch
- The Society for Professional Communicators Conference
- The North American Travel Journalists’ Association Conference
- Borders (Concord, NH and Boston, MA)
- Barnes & Noble (Bellingham, MA and Warwick, RI)
- The Southwest Authors Conference, Wranging with Writing
- The North Kingstown Library (North Kingstown, RI)
- The Connecticut Coast Writers Retreat
- The Blackstone Library (Blackstone, MA)
Diana Burrell and I appeared on The Writers, a TV show on Chelmsford (MA) Telemedia’s Channel 8.
Would you like us to speak at your conference, writing club, or other gathering? Contact me!